Be sure to visit our blog, Houses with Character. Check in regularly to see our latest listings, original commentary on market conditions, and posts about enjoying life in DC.
We dedicate our entire business to understanding the real estate market in the District of Columbia, and the wants and needs of the people who buy and sell here. We believe the important ingredients to a successful listing are as follows:
- Pre-listing Consultation: Our full service approach includes comprehensive pre-listing consultation to understand the needs of a prospective seller, to objectively review recent sales data regarding homes in the immediate neighborhood, and to provide feedback on preparing the home for sale.
- Quality Photography: We consider images to be extremely important in the marketing process and can be the difference between significant early interest versus increasing days on market.
- Web Presence: Motivated Buyers are watching online for new listings to hit the market. There's no question that your home needs to be visible. In addition to appropriately marketing your home through the multiple listing system, we use targeted e-mail blasts, social media, and other outreach sources. Each property gets a detailed post on our blog, "Houses with Character", which makes it easy to share across mutiple platforms.
- Good Old Fashioned Networking: Because our primary focus is specifically the DC real estate market, we have established relationships with most of the top producing real estate agents over many years. It is not unusual for other agents to contact us directly to inquire if we have listings coming up that would suit their motivated buyers. We also reach out to agents who are likely to have buyers in a particular area or price range.
- Management of Access: Buyers won't buy your home unless they can visit it. We provide state-of-the art secure lockbox access for licensed real estate agents, and keep you apprised of showings and feedback. In most cases, we recommend an open house early in the listing period, preceded by targeted marketing.
- Objective & Sensible Negotiation: Selling a home can be an especially emotional process. Our job is to provide objective information and counsel to help our clients make good decisions.
- Transaction Coordination: Our work does not end once we have a contract in place. We keep track of all contingency timeframes, meet the appraiser at the property, and maintain communication with the buyer's agent, lender, and title company all the way through to a successful settlement.